You know there are times when you get what you want...and don't get what you are doubtful about? Well... that's what happens to me. I've successfully gotten what I've wanted and successfully flunked in situations/interviews/relationships I have had doubts about even remotely.
For example - Whenever I got interviews I would look up the salaries on glassdoor and doubt the compensation or the culture of the company. As a result, none of those interviews worked out and I am still jobless. Also, I cleared the 5 loop rounds for an organization with flying colors because I had cleared the interviews in my head.When I stepped into that beautiful conference room overlooking the Rainier I knew I wanted to work there. However, for the 7th round I was doubtful about the analysis I had done and I flunked that round of interview. Hence, the eternal joblessness. Maybe I would have pulled it off if I had not doubted my work or myself.
It struck me that in my previous relationship that may have been what went wrong. I did have doubts about us. I always thought that he would go to someone else...and guess what? He did! I don't know if it is the power of our brain or destiny or mere co-incidences but whatever we think does happen in reality. If you think of it I am sure you would find a few of such incidences too.
Robin Sharma says -
For example - Whenever I got interviews I would look up the salaries on glassdoor and doubt the compensation or the culture of the company. As a result, none of those interviews worked out and I am still jobless. Also, I cleared the 5 loop rounds for an organization with flying colors because I had cleared the interviews in my head.When I stepped into that beautiful conference room overlooking the Rainier I knew I wanted to work there. However, for the 7th round I was doubtful about the analysis I had done and I flunked that round of interview. Hence, the eternal joblessness. Maybe I would have pulled it off if I had not doubted my work or myself.
It struck me that in my previous relationship that may have been what went wrong. I did have doubts about us. I always thought that he would go to someone else...and guess what? He did! I don't know if it is the power of our brain or destiny or mere co-incidences but whatever we think does happen in reality. If you think of it I am sure you would find a few of such incidences too.
Robin Sharma says -
"Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality."
Freaking hell! I believe him now. I don't know if this quote is also applicable to undoing the damage. I do not know if I can get a job or I can get him back in my life. I do not know. But I certainly want to see how things unravel. I am sure things will change once I change the way I think. I am trying to emerge stronger after my episode. The 'Day _ of being strong" series has started since Saturday and today is Day 5. Hopefully all will be well soon.
Also, please feel free to mention your escapades with this quote in the comment section of this post.
Current mood: Super sensitive
Current song: Da da dasse, Udta Punjab
Current thought: Fukat mei spent $10 at Chipotle.
No comments:
Post a Comment