Thursday, December 11, 2014

Sleepless in Seattle – Part 8 - Three and a half

It was a tiresome Tuesday. I was at the airport…err… working. After a hesitant start I thought I could nail my current job. It was not as bad as I thought it would be but it was worse. I knew I the hiccups would not just be in the initial phase but throughout till the end. That’s how my life has been. Never mind.
So my boss, who was also struggling with his work, asked me on my way back, “How long have you been here?” to which I replied, “A little over 3 months.” Wow! I have survived quite a bit here I thought. I quickly tried to summarize the last 3 months of my life as follows -
1.     Roti – Tough times with food. Busy schedule did not allow us to eat properly. Haven’t really been eating properly. I can count upto 5 days when I have survived over water because of busy schedule. Poor me.
2.     Kapda – Tough times here too. I could not get clothes for myself when I went out to shop. Very few for XS. Apart from jackets I haven’t bought anything yet…but still. Would love to shop with a local. I love their dressing sense!
3.     Makaan – Who said things don’t break down in USA? Things break down and people don’t work in case of holidays. How I wish it was as easy as calling the plumber uncle as it was back in India! We survived the thanksgiving holidays without a bath-tub and without having bath. Thank God our excessively sweet landlord paid for our spa sessions.
4.     Paisa – My sexy and saucy boss forgot to turn in my time-sheets. So, I have not been getting paid on time. Whatever little money I am entitled to is still in the bank. Also, wonder why I have been paying so much of taxes! I could not set up direct deposit and bosses have no clue how to do it either. My imaginary ring helps me eat!
5.     Health – Pathetic. I am glad I am alive and sane to write this post.
6.     Padhai - I do not remember when the quarter started and how it ended. Everything in between these two days was very frustrating and hazy. I hardly remember anything. One of the very few things that I remember are readings, crying for grades, swearing at people for cutting unnecessary marks, banging my head over citations, project work and trying hard to showcase my work. Hope everything went well.
7.     Friends – I need to work on this one badly. Got back with my estranged best friend though. Realized how much I had missed him over the time. Happy to have a Doctor best friend too. Life is easier when your ring is also a friendship band. Yaeiboo, Waram and Friends Forever continue to rock. Life would have been nothing without them.

Current mood: Drowsy
Current thought: Mi kashi tujhya savey chukle vaat rey?

Current song: Ghan Rani

No comments:

Post a Comment