Monday, February 15, 2016

How to - 1- reduce hair loss (Tried and tested)

While we were trying to work on our project my teammate suddenly complimented me on my hair and I remembered my pathway from 'about to be bald' to 'beautiful hair'. The things that I did/happened to me in the past few months have reduced my hair loss to almost nothing. So the tips below are pretty tried and tested.

1. Reduce stress - The quarter was bad. The courses were wrong. I broke up. I spent my days either coding or crying..but mostly both... coding and crying. I had no clue what was happening to me and was distressed. The India trip just happened to me. Despite India being full of travel and 'groom-hunt', I was pretty de-stressed there. Whenever I would freak out I would calm myself down consciously and try thinking of something else. I tried hard to let go off everything and meditated.

2. Go Protein - Proteins are very important since they are the building blocks of the body. When the hair loss became unbearable I would wash my hair only once a week or once every 5 days to prevent further hair loss. I had lost a hell lot of weight too. To gain weight I started drinking egg-milk-sugar shakes every day. I saw the results in 15 days. My body was happy with the proteins it received and the hair loss reduced considerably. I had tried Whey protein earlier for a month which neither helped me gain weight nor reduce the hair loss. So I am not sure if that would work. But eating meat helps too. Eat anything that is easily available and protein-enriched.

3. Don't skip meals - A nutritious meal is so important! Not eating enough had aggravated my hair loss. Eat something every time you feel hungry. If you stay in the US please try carrying nuts, sandwiches, granola bars if you go out. If you stay in India you have a hell lot of options.

4. Take supplements - A friend of mine suggested the 'Hair, Nails and Skin' medicine that can be bought in any pharmacy here. And I cannot complain. I am sure the supplements helped me too. It has biotin and other anti-oxidants required for hair growth and strength. You can check with your doctor for the same.

5. Oil, massage and clean - Make sure you oil your hair (for an hour or overnight) before you wash them. Hot oil head massage relieves stress too. You may use whatever oil you wish to but I stuck to the normal parachute one.
Dandruff can also be a big reason for hair loss. If the case stands true for you then you should probably consult a skin specialist and ask him/her to prescribe you a good medicated anti-dandruff shampoo. I had one from my last trip to India and that's what I used. Keep your brushes and combs clean by washing them with soap every time you wash your hair.

The tips worked great for me. Hope they work for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment