In my last post, I told you that I wasn't ready to meet my Valentine. Today I am going to rant about how useless my valentine's day was.
It all started at 9.34 AM when I woke up and realized that I was late for my meeting already. After a long WhatsApp chat, it was decided that we meet at our teammate's apartment at 10.30 AM and work for 2 hours straight. Obviously, I made it at 11. And we never started working.
After a delicious brunch, stalking facebook, feminist talks, discussing the ways our navels were pierced, the jewelry we wore and the prices of Wedding lehengas (I even sent online inquiries about a few) we finally realized work was not going to happen. We decided to call a few friends of ours and roam around our beautiful campus. I missed weed and him.
I am surprisingly in a good mood apart from the few 'I miss him badly. I want him back.' moments. I found myself smiling for most of the selfies and pictures and felt happy about it. I did not delay in uploading those on facebook since I want him to know that I am not that miserable. I finally shopped for groceries (spent hell loads of money) and returned home.
I think everyone has a tendency to flaunt... their feelings. Like I am doing right now via this blog post. Some do it by posting pictures (me), some do it by writing weird statuses (me), some share weird and feminist posts (me), some tweet (again ME!) and some cry (ME! ME! ME!). I wonder why! Behind every *happy* picture that I have posted on facebook I have never wanted to flaunt the good times but just to set something... or maybe just to make me feel good and to remind myself that life has been kind. Whenever I have written statuses on facebook they have either been for somebody or... I don't remember the time when I actually wrote a status for myself!! :/ I share feminist posts and posts boasting singledom like crazy but somewhere I wish to be with him/someone now. Let's face it...my tweets are stupid. I think that's the frustration talking.
After self-review, I have realized I should be off facebook for a while. Not deactivate my account but just be away from it for a while. It's weird but I really feel lonely this valentine. Lonely but not vulnerable. I think this is just the passing phase. My mind is just adjusting to being single. I never thought it would be that difficult. But.... whatever!
Current song: Kabira
Current mood: Kal se padhai karte hai.
Current thought: Where is that noise coming from?
It all started at 9.34 AM when I woke up and realized that I was late for my meeting already. After a long WhatsApp chat, it was decided that we meet at our teammate's apartment at 10.30 AM and work for 2 hours straight. Obviously, I made it at 11. And we never started working.
After a delicious brunch, stalking facebook, feminist talks, discussing the ways our navels were pierced, the jewelry we wore and the prices of Wedding lehengas (I even sent online inquiries about a few) we finally realized work was not going to happen. We decided to call a few friends of ours and roam around our beautiful campus. I missed weed and him.
I am surprisingly in a good mood apart from the few 'I miss him badly. I want him back.' moments. I found myself smiling for most of the selfies and pictures and felt happy about it. I did not delay in uploading those on facebook since I want him to know that I am not that miserable. I finally shopped for groceries (spent hell loads of money) and returned home.
I think everyone has a tendency to flaunt... their feelings. Like I am doing right now via this blog post. Some do it by posting pictures (me), some do it by writing weird statuses (me), some share weird and feminist posts (me), some tweet (again ME!) and some cry (ME! ME! ME!). I wonder why! Behind every *happy* picture that I have posted on facebook I have never wanted to flaunt the good times but just to set something... or maybe just to make me feel good and to remind myself that life has been kind. Whenever I have written statuses on facebook they have either been for somebody or... I don't remember the time when I actually wrote a status for myself!! :/ I share feminist posts and posts boasting singledom like crazy but somewhere I wish to be with him/someone now. Let's face it...my tweets are stupid. I think that's the frustration talking.
After self-review, I have realized I should be off facebook for a while. Not deactivate my account but just be away from it for a while. It's weird but I really feel lonely this valentine. Lonely but not vulnerable. I think this is just the passing phase. My mind is just adjusting to being single. I never thought it would be that difficult. But.... whatever!
Current song: Kabira
Current mood: Kal se padhai karte hai.
Current thought: Where is that noise coming from?
No comments:
Post a Comment