Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sleepless in Seattle - Part 19 - Shell'd up me

I have been on 4 arranged marriage dates till date and none of them has worked out. None of them even holds a future. I have also had a number of google hangouts of which none of them are going to work out either. I fail to know if it is my problem or it's something else.

I have this protective shell around me that cannot be brought down by anyone (maybe not even my ex). There is this shield around me that I do not allow anyone to penetrate. If anyone tries to flirt with me I shot them down immediately and in a very rude manner. I know that's wrong. As an eligible bachelorette I should talk to men… but I just don’t want to. Maybe it is because I am just a month and a half out of my breakup and all bitter right now. Maybe I have lost trust in all men and have started thinking that I am never going to get the love of my life and hence, it does not even matter who I get married to. It just doesn’t matter.

It's true that I still want him back despite all the horrible things he has done to me. I still spent the entire last weekend crying and I die a little every day every time I think of him with her. I just cannot feel happy about it. A friend of mine asked me to accept the fact and move on. But that is just impossible. I cannot accept it and moving on is still beyond the horizon. I am definitely getting there though.

I am trying hard to move on. I am meeting guys, who would not fit my dating bucket ever, for arranged marriage. I am putting myself out there because I know that if I don’t put myself out there none can cut through my shell. If I do not deem myself vulnerable none will be able to touch the air around me. Let's face it… I am never going to fall for anyone in my life now and my marriage might just as well be a compromise in my mind. I sincerely hope it doesn’t happen though. I also downloaded those crazy dating apps. I know nothing is going to work…but… whatever.
I am so glad I am not a vampire. Ek lifetime ka love life nahi sambhal raha… I would have gone crazy with eternity by my side.

Current thought: Where is all the love?
Current mood: Drunken monkey
Current song: Something in the way you move…

No comments:

Post a Comment