Finally ME HOME! After enjoying my freedom for 2 and half
years I am finally home (before my next stint). Love happens and so do greeting
cards. I don’t believe in being completely open about my life to my parents and
so I have always had this secret drawer in which I kept all the things meant to
be *hidden*. As soon as I touched home I went straight to my room to hide some
important stuff :p . I had even forgotten how it looked like. And I opened it…
only to see surprises!
There were tickets to the movies, greeting cards, Cadbury wrappers,
gift wrappers and wallets. I had totally forgotten about this part of my life (which
is a very good thing because it was PAST). I was wondering why I had kept the
crap in my life so long. And then I realized that I have come a long way…and
the fact that I have changed is TRUE!
I longed for someone…then miracles happened…and then
disappeared…I cried…begged…and the cycle repeated… but I only emerged stronger.
The old ME would have kept all this….but the new ME simply picked it up, tore
it into pieces, threw it into the dustbin and made space for new beginnings. I realized
I did the right thing. It takes courage to leave the past and move on to take
on the future.
Also…I never knew I had so many wallets! Jokes apart!! I
never knew I had money saved! Considering I couldn’t save a penny in the past
2.5 years this seemed like a miracle to me. I couldn’t count the money (not
because there was a lot of money because there was not….but because I am very
weak at maths!). I decided to take a few bucks from that…but I started feeling
guilty. That was my wardrobe and my wallet and my secretly saved money (which BTW
I am very proud of!)… But still I felt guilty. It felt as if I was stealing money
from someone I once knew. And that someone was ME! Just the old ME!
Nevertheless, I took the money… and felt guilty for quite
some time...but the old Me was understanding so I am sure she would understand.

No comments:
Post a Comment